Saturday 26 November 2011

Cr 480 fix up/ Step #3


Today I need to get the piston down to the bottom of the cylinder to clean the cylinder wall and get the piston moving freely-

  I was finally able to get the piston to the bottom of the cylinder. Once I did that I took some steel wool and went around the cylinder (You can not brush the steel wool up and down the cylinder or it will make scratches that will not be fixed by the piston moving up and down).

  I then tried to kick start the bike, after a few hard kicks the piston started moving up. I hammered the piston back down and put some more WD40 on the cylinder wall to get some lubrication. When i got the piston back down I tried kicking starting the bike again and it finally reached the top of the cylinder. I used some more WD40 just to make sure the piston was completely lubricated. After one kick I had no problem with the piston sticking to the wall.

  I checked to make sure there was no resistance with the piston, and then i got the head and started to bolt it to the cylinder. Once the head was bolted down I put the spark plug on and checked the compression. I could hear some air moving between the piston and the cylinder. That means their is a good chance i will have to change the piston rings.

                                                 





                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment